Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010

I went away for a while and didn't have proper blogging facilities. That's my reason for disappearing for a while. Also, my end of the year gaming tuesday ended up being shit since I didn't end up putting as much time into it before I left as I should have. I'll write more about this tomorrow. Now it's time for the 2010 reflections blog.

Yes, it is a little late, but I've already explained.

Overall, I'd say 2010 was a very good year for me. It certainly wasn't perfect and I definitely made loads of mistakes, but I feel I'm a better person and have really reconciled who I am with who I want to be. I am also I'm really glad to have found the niches that I found last year.

2010 has perhaps been the strangest year for me in my perception of time passing. Certainly the first few months of 2010 have felt like they were ages ago even though at the time it felt like they were passing quickly. Even at the end of the year it felt strange. I don't think I'm alone in feeling that Christmas time didn't really feel like Christmas time. Even thought it was cold and snowy, it just always seemed like it was too early to be Christmas.

So here are some brief discussions of some events that were memorable in 2010 for me.

Last year I had the 2 strangest experiences of my life. The first is chronicled here. The other is neither appropriate or prudent for me to discuss here. However if you really care I may have done a little bit better than hinting at it on another social media site. Even with that it isn't the full story.

This year I found the world of Nerdfighters and have since tried my best too fully immerse myself. I love it.

I turned 21 in May, but didn't buy my first alcoholic beverage until July, because I'm lame like that.

Fall quarter 2010 was probably my favorite quarter as a student so far. It was also by far the most challenged I've ever been in an academic sense. This is not to say that I've not studied in quarters before then, but I'm pretty sure I spent more time studying last quarter than I have in the entirety of my school life.

I started this blog.

This last week has been pretty damn fun. However I don't think I want anything cinnamon for a while ;)

I met Lauren Fairweather.

Liane Graham commented on one of my posts. That seriously made my life.

On a Saturday, the week before Halloween, my friends, Nick, Pat, Tommy and I went to dinner and then to a haunted house. At dinner I got a little drunk and went Pat told the waitress he would buy me another drunk, I a little bit louder than I meant, said after the waitress, "He's trying to fuck me." Not giving context to this one, but later on that night my quote was, "I have two holes."

Enough about the past let's get onto Resolutions. I've got two specifically to share.

First I want to stop saying, "God." Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a moralist about things, but I definitely want to stop calling out to something I don't believe in and in the wrong company pissed people off. I'm going to try my best to not say, "God," but I'm definitely not going to replace it with, "gosh." My goal for this year is to replace "God" in my vocabulary with "Pallas." When I say that, if anyone gets it I may have found a new friend.

The other has to do with my anxiety. I just don't want my anxiety about things to be so large anymore. I'm sure I'll be sharing what's going with that on here.

Happy New Year Everyone! Why not share your thoughts on the past year or the brand new one down in the comments?

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment