Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gaming Tuesday

Achievements

This will be a weekly thing tracking my Gamerscore. I am definetly an achievement whore on xbox.

Gamerscore Last Week: N/A
Gamerscore Now: 20274
Goal for Next week: 20500

Last Achievement Unlocked: Earned Your PT 15G- Become a starter in Road to Glory Mode


NCAA Football 11 First Impressions


The latest NCAA Football is out today and I've been playing quite a bit of it. So far it's been pretty good. Its not a tremendous shift from last years game really, which isn't a bad thing really. Not to say that there are not improvements.

The new locomotion engine used makes the game feel a little more solid. It adds an element of realism, which wasn't really lacking before, but it is an improvement.

In Dynasty mode, the recruiting system is more involved and improved. As opposed to previous installments of this game where you would call a recruit and the time used would vary, this game lets you decide on how long the conversation will last. If you want to make one pitch to a recruit it will take ten minutes, two twenty and so on and so forth. Also you do not get to choose what pitch to make any more. The pitch is randomized(sometimes it will give a coach's choice) and you can make the pitch, ask the recruit what he thinks about the pitch, or go negative and recruit against others schools about the pitch. I know a lot of people thought recruiting was too involved before, but I really think this is a significant improvement to the series.

While I don't the entire 120 ways to play sales pitch made is really accurate, the idea spurred an improvement to this game. Now it is possible to run an actual no huddle offense and not be limited to just the audibles. When running to no huddle, you have access to your entire playbook. This an element of college football that really makes the game feel right.


Here is my most significant complaint and I've had it for almost as long as I remember playing the NCAA Football series. Clipping is a call that is almost never called in actual football. It is ridiculously common in this game. I don't know what the deal is EA, but seriously I can't be that hard to switch the call to Illegal Block in the Back. I mean that is an example of the problems that are in a lot of EA games, but I don't think I'll go on that rant now.


Omigod the New Mortal Kombat gives me hard on

I seriously cannot wait for that game. That is all.



I had a few more topics I planned to cover in this post, but I decided since they were going to be long that I'll save them for a separate post.


Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment