Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Am The Champion

I got Origin working about an hour ago, I'll be able to play The Sim(which is what this is all about) once it's been downloaded. Now, I'm just going to have to decide on what to name my sames and how quickly I'll turn into a malevolent god.

I spent a large part of today working on that. I fiddled with the .NET Frame work (thingy) and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (thingy). After running multiple programs to isolate and remove corrupted and useless files and then reinstalling the programs that Windows would allow me to I got a brand new error message:

At which point, I headdeskeded again. I thought I had just spent nearly two days just to get another error message. I went back to the Origin support webpage and found that their chat was apparently down. I didn't know what to do. I thought I had tried everything that even had a remote chance of working.

In what basically was an act of desperation, I removed the MSVCP100.dll file that I had placed in the Origin folder initially to fix the first error message. I doubled clicked on the Origin shortcut expecting to see the first error message again, but I didn't. It took a minute, but Origin popped up.

I was (and still am) so happy. It's an amazing sense of undeserved pride. I spent the better part of the time that I was awake/not at work for three days working to make a damn video game work. I don't care about the better/more productive things I could've been doing right now though. I feel like I'm going to be telling people about this for years as one of my great triumphs.

If you want to help name my Sims let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading and please comment

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment