Friday, October 15, 2010

My Goal Is To Be Asleep by Midnight

Hello Poland!

Seriously, These new blogger stats have led me to believe that I have some sort of new found following in Poland. I've had almost 50 views from Poland in the past week and with that Poland is far and away, the Country that has given me the most views that isn't the United States or Canada.

So, what's up all my Polish followers? :)

Tomorrow, I am attempting to do something that I haven't done since I was little*. I'm going to try to stay up for 24 consecutive hours. I'm going to be doing this for Extra Life to raise money for Children's Hospitals all across the U.S. I will be updating my Twitter frequently, which you can find a feed on the right side of this blog. I still need donations, so if you can please donate to help me meet my goal and the Zaxy team goal. It's all about helping sick little kids.

So, tomorrow my Buckeyes are playing a big game and I'm trying to figure out the best way to watch the game somewhat attentively while still gaming. My plan right now is to switch to Minecraft for the duration of the game, so I can have OSU/Wisconsin on the TV and then get back to the console for the remaining hours. I've also thought about doing something like solitaire or chess on the PC during the game, but kind of feel like that is cheating. Anyone have any thoughts on that? If so, leave me a comment and tell me what I should do.

I have a rough plan for what I'm going to play and in what order for tomorrow, but nothing is set in stone. I think I'm probably going to open with some Madden 11, because that is what I've been playing lately and my goal will be to finish my current season in Franchise Mode. I want to play a lot of Dead Space as well. Of course, I'm going to be playing some CoD as well. I'll probably play CoD 4, World at War and Modern Warfare 2. There are tons of other games I'll probably end up playing to spice things up a bit, but need to go through an entire laundry list.

My biggest fear for this thing tomorrow is headaches. I usually don't get headaches while gaming, but sometimes I do and the only way to get them to stop is to stop playing games for a while. If I got one it would suck pretty hard, but I'm dedicated, so I'll tough it out.

Another thing is that I have a big test at 8am on Monday morning. I'm trying to figure out the best way I can adjust my sleep schedule for that. So, I'll be done with Extra Life at 8am Sunday and I'm sure I'll just want to pass out at that point. I want to be up by 1pm to watch the Browns/Steelers game and I need to spend at least a few hours studying. I don't know, but I'll figure something out.

Tomorrow, the post on this blog will be entirely about achievements I unlock during my gaming marathon. Random thoughts and updates will be posted on my Twitter. I'm not sure how much, but I will be donating some amount for how many achievement point I unlock on top of whatever I already have. Right now I'm think $.10 per point, but that may change depending on how few or how many points I unlock.

I look forward to tomorrow's adventure and hope to interact with you guys throughout.

Thanks for reading and please donate to help sick little kids.

-Michael.
*At least intentionally

No comments:

Post a Comment