Saturday, October 23, 2010

Spring and Fall Bitchiness

I have a theory that there are two times of the year were people become exceptionally bitchy. When winter turns to spring and when summer turns to fall. I'm not sure why, but I do have my theories that I'll get to a little later in this post.

I would say this has been the first week that really has been fall here. It has been down into the low 40's at night and never really rising above 70. This week I have also noticed a increase in bitchiness. Also there is a full moon this week, so eek!

It has been especially noticeable to me around the interwebz*. Not only does trolling seem to be worse, but those(not naming names) are actually responding to the trolls**.

So, here are a few of my theories(not necessarily in order:)

Allergies-Loads of people have allergies and of course during the transition from winter to spring and summer to fall, they are at their worst. The bad thing about seasonal allergies is that they don't really allow you to stop. You can't take off work or skip school just because of your allergies normally. So, while you feel like shit, you still have to go about your business and that can get annoying pretty damn quick.

Stuck Inside- This one is more specific to the winter to spring, but can also be applied to the summer to fall transition. Once the weather starts to turn following the winter, you don't want to be stuck inside at work or school when. It hasn't been nice for months and now that it is I have to stay inside. WTF? Not only am I stuck inside, I'm stuck inside with these assholes and thus bitchiness is born.

Weather- Not only does the weather of Spring and Fall make it so you are either stuck inside when it's actually nice out or trapped inside because it's cold, but it is also wildly inconsistent. In the spring and fall high temperatures can greatly vary from day to day. It can be 80 one day and in the 50s the next. That can get annoying quick. Never knowing when you have to wear a jacket. Ending up to hot when you decide to wear long sleeves.

I always get sick whenever there is a dramatic shift in the temperature. Does anyone else?

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael
*It's not a dump truck. It's a series of tubes.
**I'm just like, "Don't feed the trolls." PSA to everyone on Youtube: Don't reply to trolls at all. Just flag the douchy comments as spam and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment