Monday, September 6, 2010

Browns' Monday-The Turn In Your Playbook and Get the Fudge Out Edition

Game Recap- Bears @ Browns

Cleveland 13
Chicago 10

Scoring Summary

First Quarter
Chicago TD: Todd Collins 15-yard pass to Greg Olsen.
Cleveland TD: Montario Hardesty 1-yard rush

Second Quarter
Cleveland FG: Phil Dawson 24 yards
Chicago FG: Robbie Gould 46-yards

Forth Quarter
Cleveland FG: Phil Dawson 36 yards

Ok, I really didn't watch much of this game. I mean Ohio State was playing at the same time in a game that actually mattered. This game didn't matter at all. It was largely a bunch of guys who are about to get cut playing a bunch of guys who are about to get cut. I was able to watch the drive at the end of the first half in which Colt McCoy ran the 2-minute drill. It wasn't an incredibly awful performance nor was really that good. I'll call it mediocre. I mean setting up Dawson for another 58-yard field goal try isn't anywhere near ideal, but I guess it's better than nothing or a turnover.

I also was able to watch a lot of the forth quarter once the Buckeye game was over. I can't really say much about it though. A bunch of forth stringers were playing and they pretty much looked like that's what they were. Brett Ratliff managed to lead a late drive to get Phil Dawson into position to kick the game winning field goal as time expired.

I actually wanted to watch the entirety of this game. I recorded it with DVR and even made sure to record it on the regular definition channel, because HD CBS has some issues on my cable provider. It think it's a bandwidth issue and it's really fucking annoying. Anyway,I recorded it and found that the recording had the same issues the HD would have had. So, yea I wasn't going to deal with it for the forth preseason game.

Hardesty Out for Season

He finally saw some action in the game Thursday. He scored a touchdown and then managed to blow out his knee. It's a different knee the one that had kept him out of the first three preseason games. So, another running back who showed promise, but will probably amount to nothing for the Browns.

Cuts

Here are the final cuts made by the Browns to get their roster down to 53.

No real surprises there. I thought Chris Jennings might have made the team with the injury to Hardesty. It looks like Hillis will be used primarily as a Running back and he fills Jennings' niche better than Jennings. I don't really agree with the cut of Brandon McDonald. He has shown flashes of being a good corner in his short career. He has also shown flashes of being a bad corner. I think having him come in as a forth corner for the Dime package and letting him learn from Sheldon Brown would might have allowed him to develop into a really solid Cornerback.

That's all for now. One week until the season begins!

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment