Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gaming Tuesday

So, the day of the biggest video game release of the year I don't do a gaming Tuesday. Yea, I didn't manage my time/have enough time yesterday to write a post. So welcome to the Wednesday edition of Gaming Tuesday.

Achievements

Gamerscore Last Week: 22365
Goal: 22400
Gamerscore Now: 22665

Achievements unlocked

Call of Duty: World At War
For the Motherland 30G
Bearing the Burden 30G
Hardened War Hero 100G
The Professional 15G
Lights Out! 10G
Firestarter 15G
Kamikaze 15G

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Sacrifice 10G
Give me liberty 10G
VIP 10G
A safer place 10G
Looks don't count 10G
Raining Pain 15G
SOG Rules 10G
Broken English 10G

Goal for Next Week: 22800
$ for HPA: 11.95

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call of Duty: Black Ops First Impressions

I haven't gotten as much time in playing this game as I would have like so far. I've only played about 5 hours of gameplay and that's split pretty evenly between the Multiplayer and Singleplayer game.

I went to the midnight release at Gamestop and I told myself that I would truck through and pull and all nighter. My goal was to stay up till 5am playing multiplayer, ranking up, and maybe unlocking some of the awesome customization features. That definitely didn't happen. I played until about 2:15 and I was done. Those 2 hours(roughly) are all of my experience with the multiplayer so far.

In my brief time playing, I really thought this was the most fun I've had in a CoD game in quite sometime. I mean everyone else was new and no one could afford the Grenade Launchers yet, but still it was fun. It was also a little different than any other CoD game I've played. I mean it's still Call of Duty and it felt like CoD, but it actually takes more accurate shots to take someone down.

It felt pretty good on Tuesday morning, but I wonder what the multiplayer looks like now. I hope noob tubes aren't out in force.

When I woke up Tuesday, I went right into the single player campaign and played for maybe 3 hours. It was a lot of fun. It is different than any other CoD game in that respect. In fact the actual narrative is close to Assassins Creed. The missions themselves play just like other CoD missions. I can already tell this game is going to suck on Veteran difficulty even if Treyarch fixed the 'nade spaming that was World at War.

I don't want to give too much up on the story, so I'll leave it at that From my understanding this campaign is pretty short, so I'll probably have it beat tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blacks is all there is and all there will ever be.

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment