Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gaming Tuesday

Achievements

Gamerscore Last Week: 20949
Goal: 21100
Gamerscore Now: 211104

Achievements Unlocked

NCAA Football 11

Head and Shoulders Above 15G
Greatness 90G
Pistol 25 G
In Your Crosshairs 10G
Crash the Party 15G

Goal for Next Week: 21400
$ for HPA: 0

Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer Trailer


I personally think it looks pretty good, but somethings worry me. It looks like a Call of Duty game, just with a new graphics engine. Here are some inferences I've made by watching this repeatedly:

-It looks like some sort of camera is going to be an option for one's equipment. Unless this is ridiculously balanced, I think this is a bad idea. Sounds like a camper's dream to me.

-Killstreaks are still customizable. A new 3 killstreak in what appears to be bomb carrying RC car(that might get annoying as hell fast.) The 4 killstreak care package also returns.

-Knives appear to now be a secondary weapon with some sort of projectile ability.

-There is a new in-game recording of clips.

Madden 11

Madden 11 is out today and I will be picking it up shortly. Expect my thoughts on the game next week(if not sooner.) I can say that I'm disappointed to hear that Franchise Mode hasn't really been improved. I really would like to see that be the primary area of focus for next year's game.

Prettier Game: Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed 2

RDR or AC2

Red Dead Redemption, aside from being an awesome shoot 'em up game, is visually stunning. It is a beautiful game if you actually stop to look at the scenery that was put into the massive world of the game.

Assassin's Creed 2 is set in Renaissance Italy. The landmarks of the period and their details are done amazingly well and is quite a visually impressive game inside of the cities' walls.

I've got to go with Red Dead Redemption on this one. The wilderness in this game is gorgeous and must have taken ages to develop.

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment