Friday, April 15, 2011

Where's the Batcave?

11:26 Time to do this shit.

As this blog is slowly devolving into a symptom log. Well here how it it today.

I'm generally over most of my symptoms. My throats not sore most of the time, which is the big thing. I'm still coughing a lot though. It's to the point where the muscles in my stomach and back are starting to hurt badly. It's gotten worse later tonight and that's something I've noticed following illness the past few times. I start to have a really horrible chest cough late at night and I haven't found an adequate explanation for it really. I think it's mostly because my lungs hate me. It sounds like I have Pneumonia or something, but I don't as I don't have: 1) a fever 2) a deep cough all the time and 3) I'm not coughing anything up. However this will eventually lead to an annoying encounter with my father.

I've spent a lot of time today playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. It really is a fantastic game. I wish I had picked it up sooner on the advice of so many people. Also it produced (I hope) about as good of an anecdote as I can give you from a single player video game.

As the player of course you get to control Batman. So, I needed to get to the Batcave for a mission. I'd been there once before earlier in the game, but now I couldn't remember how to get there. So, I made Batman wander around for more than an hour looking for the Batcave. In effect Batman had forgotten where he put his Batcave. It was weird conversation with Oracle.

I eventually found it*. I had backtracked unnecessarily because I completely missed an obvious door. That isn't the first time that's happened to me either in this game. So if I have a criticism of this game is that the doors aren't obvious enough. Couldn't they be bright orange and noise?

I make for a pretty incompetent Batman.

It's 11:58. Suck it, BEDA

Thanks for reading

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment