Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tattoos

I'll share something I've never told anyone before. I really don't like Tattoos. I mean it makes me feel horribly closed-minded. I just don't find them cool, appealing or attractive at all. It's not a moralist thing either*. It's just something about tattoos that I really don't like.

It's not exactly absolute. I can get over little tattoos on a girl's wrist or ankle. Anything bigger than that and I just can't. If I were to use the classic 1-10 scale for attractiveness a large tattoo is probably -1 point in my eyes.

It's weird. I like to consider myself progressive. In this area I feel like such a conservative grandpa though. If someone says out loud that they want a 'tattoo,' I cringe**. I wouldn't ever tell anyone not to do it if that' what they really wanted.

I don't really have any theories on where this distaste for tattoos comes from though. I don't ever remember this idea being put into my head by my parents. I haven't had any terrible experiences with a person that has tattoos.

I don't know. Maybe I'm some sort of naturalist who just thinks human skin is beautiful and shouldn't be messed with. I don't think that's really me though. Skin is nice and all. I mean my bones and organs aren't all exposed and stuff, but sill I think it's probably for the best that we keep most of it covered most of the time.

While were here, I suppose I should touch on piercings as well. I'm fine with most piercings. In fact I find some of them cute(i.e. noise piercings.) Some of the more bizarre do gross me out though. Like the ones that go through the middle of the nose.

Questions for the day: Do you find tattoos attractive/just like them? Are there things you dislike that make you feel closed-minded?

There you have it. Day 3 and you're already getting random ass confessions.

And now I feel terribly judgmental. And on that bombshell...

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael
*I don't think that's the first time I've used that rationalization on this blog.
**Particularly if it's a girl. I don't like tattoos on guys either, but since I don't find them attractive it brings about indifference.

No comments:

Post a Comment