Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gaming Tuesday

Ok, as promised to have been yesterday on Monday, but it didn't happen yesterday, because I talked about Jelly Beans, so it's happening today now. Mortal Kombat. I'm not feeling all that articulate tonight, so this won't be any good.

I think it's important to understand that I haven't played very many fighting games since Mortal Kombat 2 on the SEGA Genesis. That then means the learning curve for me is very steep, which will likely lead to me criticizing the game unfairly. I'm absolutely terrible at this game. I started on Normal difficulty and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. I knocked it down to Easy and I was almost competent.

It is as wonderfully gory as you'd expect. The fatalities are bloody and disturbing*. There are lots of different game modes, which is nice. I can't really speak to the game play mechanics yet as I'm still trying to grasp them**.

The one true complaint I have isn't really about the game necessarily. In Mortal Kombat it is necessary to use the D-pad. On the XBox controller that is a big issue. The D-pad is just terrible on that controller. It is impossible to be precise at all. If I can work that one out, then I think I'll be able to get this game.

When I went to pick up Mortal Kombat, my local Gamestop finally had FIFA 11 in stock. I've wanted this game for a while. It was definitely worth the wait. The gameplay is improved over last year. It is just fine tuned, which is all that the series really needed.

I don't have anything else to say about Video Games today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I posted this tweet. Nailed It!

Apparently there was a Tornado Warning last night. I slept through it, because I'm so hardcore. There probably wasn't a Tornado, but apparently there's quite a bit of damage just East of where I live.

Thanks for reading

-Michael

*Expect when it's robot. Those are just not as fun though.
**n00b

No comments:

Post a Comment