Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gaming Tuesday

I forgot to mention this two days ago, but this blog has now reached 200 posts. This milestone deserves some acknowledgment. So here it goes:

200

That's right the number two hundred with bold, italicized text, center aligned and bright red. Damn, I forgot an exclamation point. Now everything is ruined. And it's 50 more posts until I can reasonably try again. Well, it's actually 48 as this really my 202nd post.

On to the news

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playstation Network apparently was crashed because of hackers. I can't really tell whether Sony is saying that hackers crashed it themselves or if Sony destroyed its own network to stop the hackers. Whatever actually happened, it's clear that hackers were able to get personal and confidential data.

It's not really that surprising that hackers would attack PSN though. Hackers are pretty pissed off at Sony for their heavy handed legal tactics against lone-wolf hackers. Also given the fact the the Playstation 3 has had some many problems with hackers means that is apparently an easy target.

PS3 gamers must be pissed of pretty badly though. Not only is personal data and potentially credit card data unaccounted for. Worse was that it happened in the midst of probably the biggest non-forth quarter gaming release date ever. How many times can you play through Portal 2 solo? PS3 may have gotten an exclusive Character for Mortal Kombat, but I can go online with my XBox.

I suspect this breach is going to cost Sony more than they won in their settlements against hackers. There are already lawsuits. I doubt Game Developers, especially those that made Mortal Kombat and Portal 2, are happy about what's going. Plus, this raise a huge red-flag for potential buyers about the security of the PS3.

Apparently, the PS3's attempts to sink Sony aren't quite done yet.


It looks to me like L.A. Noire is going to have a lot of RPG elements with it. I can't say that uniformly I don't get into RPGs, but a lot of the times I don't. I have a lot of faith in Rockstar though. It'll be hard to follow up Red Dead Redemption, but I suspect that this will be another fantastic game from them.


Peyton Hillis is going to be on the cover of Madden 12. He won a fan vote over Michael Vick. Not surprising really considering a lot of people* won't forgive him for what he did. This of course means that Hillis is now cursed. He could go the Michael Vick route who was one the cover in 2004. He could break his legs this season, then have a few good seasons, and then be sent to prison for a while. Or he could go the Eddie George Route. That would simply having his career fall off the cliff this year.

Let's hope those don't happen to him. He's all us Browns fans have right now. Maybe the curse can strike him in another area of life. His car could break down a lot or something.

*Note* Someone see about reanimating Professor Snape. He seemed pretty good at breaking curses.

I really need to get to studying for a midterm tomorrow as it's a quarter after eight and I haven't started yet.

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael

*I'm not one of those people

No comments:

Post a Comment