Monday, April 25, 2011

Gloomy Gus

School isn't usually such a drag for me, but this quarter I'm really finding myself not wanting to bother with it. I don't want to get up and make the drive in Rush Hour traffic. I'm spacing out way more often than I usually do in class. I don't really know when assignments are due and they're sneaking up on me.

Part of this is that I missed the entirety of week three. When your classes only meet twice a week missing a week feels like a month. I feel way further behind than I actually am. I suppose I'm feeling a bit flustered with it even with dropping the one class.

I'm usually pretty obsessive about things like quizzes. However, last week I totally forgot about an online quiz and missed the time frame that I could take it in. I've never had that happen to me before. The closest I've come to something like that is not taking a quiz when I know the lowest will be dropped and I've already gotten enough with perfect scores.

Hopefully I'll get my ass in gear soon.

My annoyance level is increasing to dangerous levels about the Royal Wedding. There is so much that is way more worthy of attention. I don't care about Kate's dress or any of that nonsense. If the UK want to keep their Royal Family, ok, but why do we have to indulge them. In the U.S we certainly don't hold the products of generations of inbreeding in a place of acclaim. In fact we make them live in West Virginia*. Old bats with delusions of grandeur get a room in a nursing home not a palace.

That sounds rather nationalistic, which I suppose it is at least on this issue. Never having a royal family and fighting a war to be rid of one is pretty damn baller.

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael
*There's nothing wrong with West Virginia and I'm sure most people there aren't really inbreed**
**;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment