Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crush

Yesterday, I went to the final Blue Jackets game of the season with my friends Pat, Tommy and Sarita. As I'm generally a hermit crab this is the most unusual of occurrences. It was a fun time. There were loads of Buffalo fans there, which is typical when the Blue Jackets aren't competitive and the team their playing is from relatively close. I mean nothing to extraordinary happened.

The interesting thing I noticed at the game was that there were loads of people dressed up. Ladies were in fancy dresses and guys were in suits. I noticed this initially while standing in line for tickets outside and thought it was a little early for any Prom to be going on. I was more puzzled by the fact that all these people were actually in the Arena for the game in their own section.

I couldn't figure it out last night, but I've come up with a theory. I think it was a Wedding Reception. There was a bride and groom getting their pictures taken across the street as we waited for a table at a restaurant. Why someone would want to have a Wedding Reception at a Blue Jackets game is the only thing that is making me still question it.

So, last night before the game, I saw the biggest crush I ever had while we were at dinner. I didn't say a word. It wasn't like she was at the other side of the restaurant or I'd have to chase her. I don't think it would've been terribly awkward either.

Tweet


How did I rationalize it? Well, I didn't really.

Brilliant ending, I know.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment