Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Memory Divisions

I don't particularly think my memory is that good. I feel like I've forgotten so much. Most people who know me would probably disagree with that though. However, I think it's a trick. I remember stupid shit about past situations. I may have forgotten loads about something, but I'm able to recall something small and it's assumed I remember more than I actually do.

My memories are never very stark either. I suppose that's just part of things being memories. I just wish some memories were clearer. I feel like I should be able to more clearly visual things that happened to me.

I don't really have a clearly defined first memory either. I have a very vague recollections of what I think is my 4th birthday and my Grandma being there. I don't ever know if that really happened. Grandma didn't come down for any other birthdays in memories. Also I remember walking into the wrong room on my first day of Kindergarten. I stood around for a while and no one payed attention to me. I must have figured it out because I went to the right class room.

The way I divide my memories and past experiences is not by age, but rather by school year. I can tell you what grade I was in when something happened most likely, but I couldn't tell you how old I was. This is a rather inconvenient way to divide things. A grade has no meaning to most people.

So that's something I want to know about. How do other people divide their past? If you want to, let me know in the comments.

Thanks for reading and please comment.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment